No one wants to face an HVAC emergency. They have all of the ingredients of a bad, stressful day. An emergency is unexpected, interrupts nearly everything else you might be doing, and is potentially expensive. However, an HVAC emergency doesn’t have to be a disaster. With the right provider behind you, like React Industries, your system can be up and running quickly without too much damaging business interruption.
Commercial HVAC Repair: Key Facts
Maybe your system is beginning to make some unusual noises, or you and your staff are noticing an unpleasant smell. This could be any number of things, but your HVAC could be the culprit. If that’s the case, it might be time for some emergency repair work. Whether you’re worried that air is going to stop flowing through your vents or if your system is already down, the problem isn’t going to be solved unless your HVAC provider comes to check it out.
What actually happens when you make that call?
- If a partnership is already established with React, we make sure we have all the details of your system in hand before we arrive, so we can dive straight into your issue and get it resolved.
- Upon arriving, we do what is essentially triage on the situation to determine which components are healthy, which need adjustment, and which pieces may need to be replaced. This process can be incredibly fast and simple when the issue is obvious or may involve a bit more inspection.
- Next, we apply whatever repairs are immediately possible. This often results in a system being up and running again, though it could result in only a temporary fix pending new components.
- We then work on procuring the necessary equipment to complete a repair. The time in this step varies depending on the availability of equipment and the scope of the repair.
- Finally, we complete all repairs and replacements. Once your system is fully functional and efficient, we offer our assessment of when future service will be required and what replacements are needed, if necessary.
Preventative Commercial HVAC Maintenance
While we do specialize in quickly resolving emergency issues, it’s always preferable to avoid them. The best way to do this is with a preventative maintenance plan.
This plan takes a holistic view of your entire system to deliver targeted maintenance on a regular basis. This has two important benefits:
- Preventing Emergencies – When issues are resolved before they balloon into failures, you will save money in the long run instead of having more expensive repairs and replacements and in reduced operational downtime. Aside from the raw cost of keeping your system functional, you don’t want to lose business or productivity when, say, the air conditioner goes out in the middle of summer.
- Energy Efficiency – HVAC systems are designed to operate as efficiently as possible. However, a system with components that are not regularly tuned, adjusted, and repaired is bound to waste energy. A preventative maintenance plan ensures technicians are visiting your facility regularly so your systems aren’t eating into your bottom line.
Emergency HVAC Service
Emergency maintenance services are designed either as a last-ditch effort to prevent a disastrous HVAC shutdown or, in a worst-case scenario, to bring life back to a failed system. What’s important to remember here is these issues are time-sensitive. A provider that doesn’t have a record of fast response times and comprehensive emergency service can’t be relied on in an emergency.
The key in any emergency is response time, and React has a reputation for getting issues resolved quickly and efficiently.
The Bottom Line
While we all wish HVAC emergencies wouldn’t happen, that’s just a reality. A preventative maintenance agreement will virtually guarantee failures are kept to an absolute minimum, but mechanical systems don’t last forever.
React Industries is well-positioned to solve HVAC emergencies throughout the New York City region, and even specializes in the myriad regulations building-owners are required to meet. Give us a call today and gain some peace of mind.