What Is HVAC Retrofitting?
Older HVAC systems typically cost more to operate, and they don’t control your facility’s climate as efficiently as modern systems do. However, a complete system replacement isn’t always the best solution to this problem. In fact, with a retrofit solution from React Mechanical, you can take advantage of the latest HVAC equipment for a minimal upfront cost.
An HVAC retrofit optimizes your existing heating and cooling infrastructure by replacing outdated components with the latest in high-efficiency technology. While we make upgrades, you can keep your facility up and running with minimal HVAC equipment downtime.
We frequently replace system components as part of a holistic retrofit solution. This includes:
- Replacing old screw compressors with new high-efficiency screw compressors for chillers
- Adding condenser fans with high-pressure controls and variable frequency drives for air-cooled chillers
- Installing air-side economizers for HVAC units
- Adding supply fan speed controls
- Implementing demand-controlled ventilation
- Adjusting cooling capacity controls
- Selecting and installing holistic retrofit kits
Retrofitting Your Current HVAC Equipment
Retrofitting Could Save You Thousands Of Dollars In Energy Costs While Minimizing Replacement Issues
Benefits Of An HVAC Retrofit
React Mechanical works to save you money by improving your existing system so that it’s more efficient, increases comfort levels, and maximizes your energy savings. With the latest components, we can extend the lifespan of your system to get the most out of your HVAC investment.
Retrofits offer an ideal option for companies that want to save money on energy bills, but don’t necessarily want to invest in a brand new system.
Other benefits of an HVAC retrofit include:
- Reduced up-front cost: When looking at the cost of a retrofit versus a full replacement, there’s a drastic difference in upfront costs. Putting off the large investment and commitment a replacement requires can bring many short-term benefits until you develop a long-term plan.
- Increased energy efficiency and lower energy bills: On average, small offices and retail establishments reduce energy consumption by 35% when with an energy retrofit. In cold weather climates, this number can even rise to 40%.
- Extended life span for your current system: By retrofitting, you’ll be able to extend your system’s life expectancy by several years, while also spending less than you would for an entire replacement.
- Improved indoor air quality: With an optimized HVAC system, your employees will enjoy a safe and comfortable environment. Temperatures throughout the building will stay consistent and controlled, and improved air filtration will ensure no particulate matter comes into the working environment.
- Optimized peak load performance: With new technology comes elevated performance and dependability to decrease maintenance and service costs.
- A quick return on investment: You’ll save on both energy and service when you choose to retrofit instead of investing in an HVAC installation of a new system.
- Rebates and incentives: By retrofitting, you could be eligible for energy-efficiency rebates and potential tax incentives.
- Minimal chance of a critical system failure: An unexpected HVAC system breakdown can play havoc with departmental budgets. By planning heating and cooling upgrades and maintenance, costs become controlled and predictable, which can save money and help relieve stress and anxiety.
Our HVAC retrofit solutions have already helped retrofit existing businesses all over New York City. They’re now able to focus on their business while saving money with an improved climate control system. Because we understand that investing in facility upgrades is a critical decision for your operations, we’re here to help you make an optimal choice for your continued success.
Is A Retrofit Right For Your System?
Not every HVAC system is suitable for retrofitting, but many heating and air conditioning systems qualify for upgrades that maximize your investment. Your unit may be improved by retrofit if any of the following are true:
- Your system is older but still in good working condition.
- Your HVAC system has been regularly and professionally maintained.
- You have an extensive system. Larger systems are typically better candidates than smaller ones, as the cost differences between retrofit versus replacement increase.
- You’ve noticed that your monthly energy bills have been increasing.
- You run your system regularly throughout the day.
- You’re planning on keeping your existing system for 18 months or longer.
If you have any questions about what an HVAC retrofit may look like for your facility, don’t hesitate to contact React Mechanical. Our experienced team is here to inspect and examine your cooling and heating systems to determine if they could benefit from a retrofit. We provide clarity and transparency at every step of the process, so you have all of the information you need to make an optimal decision.
Still wondering if an HVAC retrofit is a good idea for you? [Contact the experts at React today] to schedule your free estimate!